RCU Forums - View Single Post - Winter is here.
Thread: Winter is here.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian,
If you ever watched Andrew Jesky's video you would see he is constantly throwing switches during maneuvers (actually hear it, as he is doing it so fast). Then again he flies six flights a day, six days a week so it can be done. However, I try my best to minimize the switching during a flight.

A bunch of us have tried the throttle trick during stall turns. We were actually switching the low throttle setting when the rudder was applied. Then one day a guy messed up his Galactic as he was taxiing to the runway. He didn't have a switch in the right place and when he tried to turn, the plane ran into the fence. I had set mine up with an audio warning when my rudder to throttle was active. I guess I switched planes before I was sold on the idea. From what I've seen so far I don't believe it is required on the Acuracy. We'll see.

I believe I have set up a series of flight modes all switched with the sticks so I won't need to throw any switches during a maneuver. Except your high rate normal mode, I haven't figured out how to do that without a switch. Seems like there should be one rudder curve that would cover the range.

I can't wait to get out and try my new setup. Too bad we don't have better simulators.

Jim