RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Aquila 1954, that's amazing and I'm same age as you. Speaking of Airtronics and first experiences with ailerons, around 1978 I built a two channel Airtronics Q-Tee 36" span parasol with Cox .049 Black Widow, Ace Pulse Commander rudder only, locked push rod to elevator so it didn't move. Put an Ace R/C exhaust throttle sleeve controlled by a KRD quick blip sequential throttle, flew it successfully on rudder only for a season, then went to 2 channel digital, flew it again another season. Followed with a two channel low wing aileron 36" span quickie racer with Ace foam wing and Cox .049 Black Widow in 1979. Only got one fly out of it, where I promptly rekitted it so bad I couldn't repair it.

Still got an H.O.B. 2x2 two meter glider a modeler friend gave me in 1985. It'll be my second glider, a future build. Think I'll replace the nose with a glow engine so I don't have to high start it. We get hat sucking thermals here in Clovis during summer. That builds for excitement with all RC aircraft. Might get my GP Big Stik 60 to thermal.