RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-27-2015, 03:59 PM
flyfastcrashhard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a nice walk down memory lane! I'm old enough to remember peeling ambroid off my fingers for days after a CL balsa build or more often, rebuild.. my first airplane was a Christmas gift, some kind of solid wood winged behemoth powered by a McCoy Redhead... then there were numerous babe bee 049 kits ... still remember when I built the first kit with built-up wings instead of the typical plank wing... covering the wing with silkspan and butyrate dope ... flew CL off and on for 10-15 yrs, then in hi school kinda forgot about the hobby due to other distractions, one being my '57 chevy. Years later, circa 1982, got interested in R/C and tried to learn/fly on my own ... what a joke... I may have been the first to attempt to plant balsa trees in a new subdivision just south of Rancho Cordova off Sunrise Blv... finally got wise and joined the SAM club (sacramento area modelers) and learned to fly successfully.. another distraction or two and after a 30 year hiatus I'm back into flying again. Now I'm in the Redding CA area .