RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 04:24 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
Interesting point. If you ever read any of the threads I started and sustained, they are all about educating others. One of my threads in fact became a sticky. When my club had a website, I was a regular contributor with a variety of stuff for builders. I tried to always be approachable allowing any question no matter how screwey.

But I admit I've gotten irritated when someone approached me and my latest design I hand crafted from scratch and asked me "Where did you get that ARF? ......."
I have to laugh because some years back when Aeroworks still produced builder kits I built one of their 40% Edge 540s, mine pictured below, anyway I was attending an event at the Randolf AFB auxiliary field in Seguin, TX. As I stood beside my airplane two fellows walked up, one stated to the other there is one of those "perfectly extruded plastic ARF airplanes". The other stated what has this hobby come too, both shook their heads and walked away. For a moment I became a little angered but then realized that through their ignorance they believed that my airplane was perfectly extruded and could not be possibly hand built, covered, and painted to look like that so I took that as a compliment, said nothing and thought to myself, well there you go.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	055.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2068774