RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Sloviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
And now , for something completely different , I present , , !!!! NAKED Escapade !!!!

This is my version of one of my favorite planes . It has a few small modifications that I incorporated in it's assembly such as ;

All control surfaces have full length mylar hinges to keep any air from becoming turbulent at the control surface . This is done in an attempt to eliminate flutter , which has not yet been seen in this model with the sealed hinges .

Tail surfaces are glued on , after regluing the infamous not well glued elevator joiner rod , mine is one of the first sold and did have the improperly glued joiner . I was just lucky to be a few months lazy getting it done and by then the problem was widely known , see , procrastination ain't ALL bad

I removed all stickers and replaced them with my AMA number . Looks somewhat cleaner in my opinion .

No pilot cause my running joke is that "It's MY seat , why would I let some other guy sit there ?"

On board glow cause I'm lazy and don't like fiddling around with glow sticks . Flick a switch on the TX , Flip the prop , and fly

I always favor wood props and real metal spinners , OK , call me old fashioned but plastic just don't do it for me , prop and spinner wise .

Anyway , I tried to give a close up of the needle valve and that in this particular instance with an OS 56 FSa , no carving of the cheeks was needed (OUCH !!! Sounds flippin painful !)

Vey nice and clean thats what im doing with mine. No stickers at all. How does it fly with with the OS, im waiting for nice and warmer weather so i can maiden mine.