RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well HD, the procurer of used planes never came up in the topic of builders but that was around 03 so we weren't quite as up on such things back then. It was a less enlightened world. I'm thinking that buyers would also fall outside of the builders topic just like assemblers did.
If you are in need of a couple new planes then please feel free to slide on over to this side of the fence, I have a couple new planes just waiting for you to buy. These haven't flown yet but I could take you out for the maidens just to flight prove them for you. You could even tell all your friends you built them yourself so you could join a builders thread.
Here is a question to all the assemblers and buyers, well, there aren't too many buyers but it seems I have just met one. Why will someone spend a boat load of money on an ARF made in China but will never buy a plane that a local built, if they do make an offer it is usually about 1/4 of the price they would pay for the same plane if it was an ARF?? This topic has come up at the field more then once but even the ARF folks {most of the people at the field} don't have an answer.
Not too many years ago I kept myself in the hobby by building for others. It's been 6 years sense I have been asked to build a plane for anyone and at that time I was too busy to build the kit for the fellow and had to turn him down.
9 years ago I was also assembling ARFs for people as well as building kits. I have only built two planes from plans for anyone and those were gifts.
OH, I really do have two brand new planes I will sell and they are complete except for the RX.
What a deal!!!! And Hound Dog is just down the raod a piece from me.