RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes .40 P51 kit build...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Fragmentum
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rglgatortail
Fragmentum, It is such a shame that all this work that you are doing will only produce a static model. That would have been one awesome mustang to take to the sky. Have you decided on a color scheme?
This build has been primarily a teaching enterprise and technique practice. I would love to build another one, even with all the similar scale, smaller scale and larger scale high quality ARF model P-51s out there. There have been newer ones introduced since I started on this one.

The color scheme I chose was influenced by my wife, Geraldine, so that is the color scheme I finally chose for this build.

Flown by Retired Lieutenant Colonel Charles Roscoe "Chuck" Cummins who flew Mustangs with the 361st Fighter Group, 375th fighter Squadron - Yellowjackets and named his Mustang "Geraldine" after his wife.
My model will be a replica of the one owned by Chuck Greenhill, Owner and operator of this beautiful North American P-51D Mustang "Geraldine" (S/N 44-74543), which is available for airshows, flybys and film.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Geraldie.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	2069461   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-i-1280.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2069462  

Last edited by Fragmentum; 01-31-2015 at 04:41 PM.