RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Cambria Funfighters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Plenty of Kits here on RCU they just want an arm and a leg for them because they are all "Rare Kits"
Hi, you know that's really not why they're expensive. I have just become the new owner of the Cambria Funfighter range. www.Funfighters.co.uk At present the likely sales this year will be about 100 kits. I am trying to improve these figures but the only way of currently doing this is to distribute to shops. I have to pay tax on the cost of the kit then the shop has to charge 20% tax on the sale. If I go down this route I'll make £10 per kit. I then get income tax to come out of that. I'll leave you with the maths but I'm only doing this for my own enjoyment and to keep a bit of aeromodelling history alive for people who still get pleasure from the models.
I'm willing to bet that many other small firms do the same. I agree the costs are high and being in the USA postage puts this range out of reach for most of you guys. But the only way to get the prices down is to get the sales up. These kits and many others of the like are home grown and not made in China.