RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
lbuff1
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, This took a turn...

First, I must announce I'm a Team Horizon pilot. That out of the way, I've been in the hobby since I was a kid, some 38 yrs now. Like many, I've seen it all come and go. ARF's have changed the hobby, for the good, and the bad. Mostly good I guess. It's nice to go get a plane on a Thursday and be flying Saturday with it. Its fun and enjoyable. On the other hand, with the lack of skilled builders or bet yet skilled repairers, when the arf does crash, ( and we all do eventually) the repairs I have seen to some of them are down right dangerous. Those skills are only obtained from experience and practice.
In my opinion, ARF have hurt the hobby shops more than helped. Guys would buy a kit, then the glue, wheels, covering, clevis, spinner, motor, etc. Not so anymore, they buy a kit ( if they have a hobby shop ) and off they go.
So, where have all the builders gone? Most are still around, still building and still enjoying it. Unfortunately, its an aging crowd and many have passed on, or are just not computer guys.

OR

They're too busy building to post about it?

Enjoy whatever you do.

LEN
TEAM HORIZON
www.RcAerotowing.com/forum