RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fun and inexpensive truck
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Maxximize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun and inexpensive truck

So, I've recently gotten back into RC. I have a T Maxx big block project I'm finishing, and an old HPI Rush. I'm also looking into getting an electric when the Maxx is finished, but don't want to spend alot, and don't really want a full on race truck like a Stampede VXL or anything like that. I've never owned a Tamiya RC before, but they look like alot of fun and I love the nostalgic appearance of them too. One in particular that caught my attention is the Lunchbox, the wheelies are insane, and it looks so cool! Anyhow I noticed that they actually re released it again and the kits are around $120 or so, and it comes in three different color themes. There are also RTR versions, but I don't know about that radio that comes with them. I'm thinking the kit would be a better option, and then just getting an inexpensive RTR radio like a Traxxas one.

In doing some research it says the Lunchbox comes with an ESC and a brushed motor of some kind. My main question is how durable is it the truck in general? It appears like it could break fairly easily. And if I do break it, can parts be found easily online? It appears to be somewhat upgradable, shocks, bearings, pinion and spur gear ratios, so that's a plus. What kind of batteries can it take? Will it handle a 2s or 3s Lipo battery for longer run times without an ESC upgrade? I really want one of these, but don't want to do a lot of upgrading to it outside of replacing the bushings with bearings and maybe oil filled shocks. If anybody that has one of these can shed some light on it I would really appreciate it