RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster/Chief Aircraft F-14 assembly
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Skunk your pipes are good you probably did what i did and tried to mount them from the back.... check my thread it shows how to mount them and they line up perfect. The tabs on the back sit flush with the turkey feathers and its a much more secure setup. Also I noticed your using the stock line and fittings, just heads up mine leaked everywhere. I had to pull all the airline and replace the T fittings and airline, plus the stock fittings are very thin and brittle.
Thanks for the pipe info Fender. I will check that out. I was getting ready to remove and cut! As far as the lines and the fittings, I have replaced a couple that had small leaks. I do a 150psi leak test to all lines and T connections. I pulled out the entire line setup in the rear, submerge in water completely with one end capped and pressurize. No leaks. It is a procedure I do with all my jets and builds for customers. The T's are no lesser quality that that or robart T's. I have put them side by side and they have performed the same year after year. I'm not a huge fan of the colors but other than that, it hasn't been an issue.