RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
mrdhud
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troys007
Hey all, figured I would introduce myself and say hello. I picked up a Pica 1/5 scale with a G26 from a buddy of mine last year at Perry with plans of converting it to electric. Since then I have been given a third scale cub with a G62 at Christmas time with the understand I have to keep it that way, so since I am already picking up what I need to fly a gas plane I figured I would pull it off the shelf and fly it like it is.
I have been bouncing around through the posts reading up on things so I will probably have a few questions along the way. It was built without the wing fillet so at some point I would like to make one, also it has had a few repairs and been patched with solartex but the plane itself I believe may be fabric. If the plane is as great to fly as it sounds I will eventually strip the whole plane and cover it all in solartex.
I am regluing the rear landing gear blocks today with hopes of flying it this weekend. So I guess my first question would be where the CG would be at. It was a flying plane so it should be right but I would rather be save then sorry.
Have a good day all.
Troys007,
Most of us use between 28 / 30% of the mean average cord to balance the Waco if your not sure how to figure go back to page 710 post 17729 and Bill explains how it's done.
Good luck keep us posted.