RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
fhollahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I finally got the Retract System installed and working. I thought I had a bad Retract Controller but after having HH send me a new one and it did not work either, I realized I was using the balance charge connector on one of my batteries to power the Retract Programmer. It showed that it is was getting power but would not recognize the Controller when I connected them. Used the right power feed and it worked. A few things that were challenging with the retracts: Learning to use the Programmer takes some getting used to with respect to toggling thru the modes and setting/saving values. Had to put shims under mains where they mount to the wing to relieve binding that was mentioned in the thread. The inner doors had to be done carefully. I would suggest doing the assembly and testing in steps with the servos and arms not connected to the wing with the programming to get their movement correct. You don't want to connect them up and power them on the controller with incorrect tolerances on the wing and with the linkages. Once the cycle starts on the retract you can't stop it with out disconnecting power. Finally, I think I might put small screws thru the inner door hinges on the wing. They may be a bit weak once flying at the field in grass. Here is a pic of the inner door retracts and the final testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVVIpgJGXG8&feature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2116.JPG
Views:	1202
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2072565