RCU Forums - View Single Post - No.. could it be..?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Bonified Wingnut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really it is nothing against the engines themselves but the people that use them were I fly. One in particular is a very unsafe flyer. Among other things he like to fly full throttle directly at the pits and then pull up just as he reaches them. It is just me but in my mind I want to do whatever he is not. I would rather fly with the crappiest stuff available than to mimic what he does in any way. One day he is going to hurt someone and it ain't going to be funny.

Late last year I picked up a few Novarossi's and so far I like them. I have never really propped a glow engine for speed and this will be the first year I have. I started getting into some fast electrics but smoking batteries, esc, and motors for a 3 minute flight is no fun at all. I am hoping find what I am looking for back in fuel powered planes. I have had one Evolution other than the 10CC gas I have. It was a .36 It was one of the best running engines I had till the bearings went out a bit prematurely. I am actually thinking about seeing if I can get the 10GX to go fast in some future project.
I really have no preferences on engines. I have used a lot of different brands and the only one I would say was a waste of money was a .46 Aviastar that never landed with the engine running. I gave it to a friend and even after swapping carbs he couldn't get it to run. I am not against spending a few hundred on a good motor. I think that OS is way over priced though.
I will be happy with anything that will go 130+ and give me 8 to 10 minute flights without having to work on it every day. I think the R528F I have has potential but I am not going to be out testing engines for another couple months. It is way too cold here in Michigan to be putting your hands behind a prop with a 130 mph wind chill.
I might eventuly stop associating West and Jett with a crazy flyer but for the time being I would rather try everything else on the market first.

Sorry for the detour.