RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 07:59 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Not sure how the OS gas engines are, but the DLE20 that I have, there is very little difference between 60% throttle and WOT. My Saito 4 stroke gas OTOH has a very good throttle range, on par with the glow. I fly my T-clips with the FG-11 at 60% most of the time and WOT only on passes or verticals. I go an hour on 12 ounces of gas. When I got the FG-11, I compared it to the OS 52, and it is nearly a perfect match on everything. It would take some restructuring of the tank compartment to make it work though, to get the module installed under the tank floor, then thread the ignition cable up and through. If I moved the tank back, then I would have to move the throttle servo as it sits right near F2. I have no additional weight on my plane with the OS 52 on it, it balanced fine without any. If the High tension were 4" longer then the module would fit perfectly at F2, right on the CG.

Whats funny is I never have to adjust trim on the T-clips, I have yet flown below 1/2 tank, after 30 minutes I am ready to sit down and rest my neck. LOL