RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Passion
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 09:29 AM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have put a Falcon 3 blade 19.5x13 on my Passion and it seems to have slowed the downlines a bit, a very nice improvement. As of yet I do not see any increase in mah usage. Power delivery as expected, is more manageable yet it still has the punch for the opposite snaps in F15.

I am still playing around with CG and as I noted before the airplane will show a slight pull to the gear when trying to go slow in an upline. I tried a thrust adjustment to no avail so I suspected a vertical CG issue. A quick glance at the side of the Passion and you can see the thrustline is quite high resulting in a vertical CG that is below this thrust line. I added tailweight to the very top of the vertical fin (1-1/2 oz) and sure enough, the pull was greatly reduced. As I get more time I will experiment a bit more before reporting my final favorite CG position/measurement. In the meantime, the Passion shows excellent promise for the F maneuvers. I removed the little bit of up elevator mix with rudder that I had programmed so that the plane would be more pure in rolling/looping elements. Very happy with that.

Regards,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2465.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	894.6 KB
ID:	2073713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2466.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2073714