RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage flux xs - should have done this and not that?
Old 02-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Updating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage flux xs - should have done this and not that?

Hi folks,

New to the site, not to the hobby. I used to bash hard back in the mid 80s, early 90s. Ran a grasshopper, lunch box, Toyota Tom, and team losi truck... A few others.

Well times have changed over the years and I missed a big gap over the last decade. So, long story short, I ordered a savage flux xs, after having a chance to mess around bashing my neighbors. He also has an Arrma mega which is pretty fun.

I should have my xs by the weekend, and was hoping the more experienced could offer some knowledge. I'm looking for information regarding the, I should have done this first, etc. or I wish I'd have done this from the start.

What at ive read so far is possibly the oil in the front diff, and maybe aluminum shocks. I also read getting the castle usb can be a really nice tool for tuning. What are your experiences you could share with an old head looking to bash big and bash hard.

For what it's worth, im prepared for it to break, and ready to wrench.

Heres some pics pics of bashing the neighbors xs today. Nice spot with loose dirt, big rocks, and a natural dirt half pipe with some lovely artwork in the back ground. Sorry for the blurry pics, the xs was just to fast to snap.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2073824   Click image for larger version

Views:	69
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2073825   Click image for larger version

Views:	84
Size:	89.9 KB