RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 PM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rt3232
Hay Boltman

Along time ago when I lived in San Diego CA I had a cesna 140 A and we had a hurricane com ashore and it was not a good thing but the wind dropped off vary fast as it came ashore, and mine was tied down about 36 miles inland so no damage but a lot of pucker factor. Cyclone's and hurricane's are the same ? just rotate in different directions, still buggers at any rate

Good luck
Hi Bob,

Yep, Cyclone = Hurricane, just spins the other way. Latest forecast has it crossing the coast about 50-75 miles north of us, but now expected to be a category 3. After crossing it will track our way & pass inland / over us, still as a cat 1.

Our airport is only 2.5 miles from the coast and my aircraft only weighs 321kg / 706 lbs empty. I have been & put some extra tie-downs on but that is all I can do. Its very frustrating since I have been wanting to build a hangar for about 4 years now but the local government & airport management seem to forget that airports are meant for planes and keep making it harder & harder to do anything.