RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:33 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkflyer
Hi Dave,
like the hawk ,am planning on getting one myself soon.
Finding your posts useful ,keep them coming.
Thanks mate, will do!

I tried to go to the hobby shop today but with the pre-cyclone weather that we have at the moment there was road closures everywhere with localised flooding so it was a no go. Tomorrow the downgraded cyclone should hit here....

So amongst getting ready for the storm and helping out a mate do the same, I only managed to get some work done on the the back end of the jet. The JR8511 servo originally had a plastic horn fitted for the rudder so I replaced that with a SWB item. Because the slot was cut for a taller arm, I had to pack up the servo about 1mm to get it to line up with the slot. Otherwise I would have ended up with a massively sized hole in the side of the fin! The ply packers were glued to the fuse and the servo screwed back down. The fin was screwed into place and the new control rod installed. The angles ole mate glued the horns on is not ideal, but its less carnage leaving them like that than cutting them off.

Not getting a whole heap of travel out of the rudder in one direction because it bottoming out, but I'll check to see the required throws and go from there later.

thanks

dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	2074902   Click image for larger version

Views:	184
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	2074903   Click image for larger version

Views:	192
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	2074904  

Last edited by ticketec; 02-20-2015 at 06:27 PM.