RCU Forums - View Single Post - Florida Jets 2015 Powerbox I Gyro 3e Special
Old 02-20-2015, 09:39 PM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Ali,
I hope you'll pardon this intrusion into your kind offer, but you seem to have had a GREAT deal of experience with incorporating gyros in your jets and perhaps other aircraft. If you have a moment, would you mind voicing you opinion regarding using tech like the iGyro for emergency stabilization of twin engine prop aircraft during a single engine failure? I've got a lovely Robart P38 set up with DA85s and contra-rotating engines, but I have NO CLUE if a gyro could be used to provide enough control movement to hold a '38 stable during a single engine failure. I know, if the model could communicate WHICH engine failed, and I was REALLY focused on such an emergency, I "should" be able to hold it--- but how often is it likely we will HEAR the engine failure with all the other models in the pattern. If the iGyro (or any other type) could even give us 5 SECONDS of warning of an engine out situation, at least we could prepare, rather than the discover the problem after a near instantaneous snap and spin. That's a heck of a way to find out you've got a problem! If you think it worth the effort, please help me save this lovely model before it catches me napping.

Thanks,
langerl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Robart P38.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2075052