RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ply Rolled Fuselage Part Deux - 1/2A " Mini Skorch "
Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sat. I made a trip to the field to do some more testing and monitoring, I did manage to get another vid.
I tried some fat loops, rolls and messed with the throttle. Battery took 119 mah per the duration of the 1 flight shown and two engine run ups. I had to cut out after the first vid to fix one of the torque rod linkages. I will fly / vid again Sunday and continue to record as the plane gets sorted out ending with a final vid with the Cox .049 running as good as possible with a steady stream of acro and speed. On landing at the last min I flipped the flaps down but waited to late to take advantage.

Today the engine went rich as the breather line to the fuel tank was getting a rush of air. When I throttled down about half way the rpm would pick back up and not bog down rich. On the ground the following the flight I had found I had to lean it up about 3/4 turn. Best pass after dialing back the throttle during the vid hit 20,900 rpm on APC 4.75 x 4. pass hits a theoretical 79.17 mph.
I will work on getting closer and not flying so high up it doesnt take long to bust 200ft with this plane which is too high to vid without using zoom and some camera help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZErP2cDke4