RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 05:08 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
Dan, I had two of the Saito flex pipes on my TS .90 and it sounded awful, it sounded too tractor like or lawnmower like. two Saito cast mufflers sounded better and two TurboHeaders even better.
I think my dual carb 300T sounds OK W/the stock flex pipes. $150 for 2 Turboheaders is a bit salty for my taste. Note the extra support bracket at the ends as well as the standard OEM bracket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmLu13UJzs You can see the auxiliary bracket at the ends of the pipes at 2:30 & again at 5:50. The bottom of the test stand is a duplicate of the motor mount box on my 1/3 scale SIG Spacewalker. The flex pipes make for a very tidy installation W/the exhaust exiting in a scale like manner. Given the airframe that it is going to be installed into, it has ample power.

Here are some PIX of the auxiliary bracket. It is made from fuel line clamps W/K&S brass bar stock.Also note then crankcase breather exit next to the exhaust pipe. The velocity of the escaping gasses scavenges the oil into the exhaust stream.

Originally Posted by Gene Fisher
I owned a hobby shop for years and sold more Saito's than Os four strokes. My favorite is the 300 twins single and dual carb's. Sound and power is amazing and will take a 15/18 lb straight up outa sight.
The 1/3 scale Spacewalker should come in around 20#-22# so vertical performance should still be impressive W/the FA-300TTDP twin. I am forgoing the dummy engine as the heads & about 1/2 of the carburetors/velocity stacks will be protruding from the cowl on each side. Why have a dummy engine when you can have real engine components showing?

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 02-23-2015 at 05:27 AM.