RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are there any Nationwide CBO's other then the AMA?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:55 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul
What I find interesting is after all the angst over the AMA participating in the ARC, all the nay saying over the AMA and it's lobbyist writing the Public Law, all the "I told you so don't PO the FAA" over the FAA Interpretation of the Public Law, all the Monday morning quarterbacking over the AMA Lawsuit on the FAA Interpretation......................... the FAA proposed rule does all it can to stay away from Model Aviation as long as it complies with the Public Law. And it puts the AMA in the position of so far, the only CBO.
As one of the naysayers you mentioned, I do reconsider/reevaluate from time to time. One good thing that has come of AMA actions, the writing/lobbying for sect 336 in particular, is that it gave FAA an opening to get an effective legal tool for dealing with the dimwits whose actions have given modelers a lot of bad press, that being the "Statuatory Construction" paragraph.
If the cost was about a million bucks for AMA's response to the ARC fiasco, my share is ~ $6.67, about what I pay for a couple of six-packs of Corona at CaliMax. For prompting insertion of that cited language in the PL, I figure I got my money's worth.

cj