RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Engines
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 10:14 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Vertical Grimmace. I'm not exactly certain of what you are trying to say when you refer Q-40 engine from the Nelson clone producer? Michael Langlois is continuing to produce the same, or better quality product with 100% blessing of Henry Nelson, and to be exact, it is a joint venture, as Henry has been making some parts, and Michael the rest, and assembling the engines. At every race held at the Old Julian Airport model field, Michael has opened his machine shop to any and all visitors, and at the Q-40 Championship race two years ago, the Saturday night banquet was at his shop. In fact Dub Jett was in attendance. There are a few minor differences in the Aeroprecision long stroke engine, from what Henry last produced, but they were all part of the collaboration between Henry, and Michael. I'm just saying that I wouldn't consider the term "clone' to be an appropriate description of the current Nelson Q-40 engine. I might add too, that the model airplane engines are only a small portion of Michael whole business, so it is somewhat more of a labor of love, then a get rich endeavor. Greg