RCU Forums - View Single Post - FW-190 D9 1/5 by fokkerc.com
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 04:17 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I am wondering why it would be any different buying particular brand engine from one vendor or the other? There are several places to get a DLE. I would not think one from Tower would be any different than from Valley View. So does Octopus do something different with their engines that HK does not? None of these vendors go through each engine and test run them, or do they?

I choose Valley view generally, as I know I can trust their customer support/service etc. Plus, they have a better deal than Tower generally, and throw in a good plug. I find HK fun to watch more than anything, I really try not to support them at all.
i remember a while back there were dodgy copies of DLE's getting around, so it wasn't ok to buy them from just anywhere. Not sure if that is in the past or not. I know, how ironic, a copy of a DLE!!!

the only thing that octopus do is they offer some upgrade pack that includes real CM6 plugs, and exhaust cans that don't leak like a sieve from new. It wasn't available when I bought mine from them, so I metalset my cans up and they have been fine, they sent me a set of the new polished can free of charge, when they became available, and I also replaced the plugs with real CM6 iridium plugs.

thanks

dave