RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are there any Nationwide CBO's other then the AMA?
Old 02-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep going back to the Conference Committee notes on Section 336:

In this section the term ``nationwide community-based organization'' is intended to mean a membership based association that represents the aeromodeling community within the United States; provides its members a comprehensive set of safety guidelines that underscores safe aeromodeling operations within theNational Airspace System and the protection and safety of the general public on the ground;develops and maintains mutually supportive programming with educational institutions,government entities and other aviation associations; and acts as a liaison with government agencies as an advocate for its members
Pretty clear to me. Especially this line:

provides its members a comprehensive set of safety guidelines that underscores safe aeromodeling operations within the National Airspace System and the protection and safety of the general public on the ground;
This makes it clear that the Safety Program is intended for use by the members of the CBO. It does not say that the CBO provides the public with a set of safety guidelines. It says members. More than once.

And I am still mystified why somebody would feel fine about using the Safety Program and benefitting from the efforts of a CBO without wanting to be a member of that CBO and to support it.