RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new 850 exam
Thread: My new 850 exam
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Larry882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
The brown truck stopped by my house Wednesday and delivered a large box that contained a TTX850 and a TTX650 with some batteries and 2 6 channel receivers. The 850 came with 2 TSX35 servos. These are fantastick servos. I did my bench testing with 1 of these servos and a Futaba s3003 and several old Jr servos. The Tactic servo is really fast and quiet.
I struggled threw the 850 book and figured out how to program the radio and gotta say I'm impressed. My previous programming experience has been with Airtronics, SD10G radio so I'm in a pretty steep learning curve.
I got the wireless trainer function to with the 850 as the master and the 650 as the slave and it's a really neat setup. I need to go back to the 650 setup and figure out how to do some servo centering and endpoint adjustments. I already figured out the direction problems with the servos.
I wonder if I can wireless transfer all the settings from the 850 to the 650? The manual isn't real clear about this. The manual, the way that I read it appears as if you can do that from an 850 to a 850. I'm retired, it's winter, and have very little else to do so I'm going to keep playing around with these new toys.
So far I'm very happy with these radios and would recommend them to anybody looking for a system. I really like the low cost 6 channel receiver price.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Kopecky
Conyers, Georgia