RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Guy's

I have been doing a little more work on the Hawk and noticing more and more details that are missing from this model.

One of the the big ones are the Smurf's. They are the fin's that sit in front of and slightly below the horizontal stab. I made them for my foamie hawk using the 'ole Mk I eyeball and some 3-views, but I wanted to be a little more accurate on the SM hawk. Seeing as I could find no decent dimensions or 3-views anywhere on the net I thought the next best hope would be to take some pic's for my self. getting access to a Hawk is no easy thing, until I realised that the Avalon Airshow which is the biggest airshow in Australia was on this weekend!! The RAAF always have a couple there..

So I called a modelling buddy of mine on the monday and called my parents that live not to far from there and next thing you know, were on a 737 flying down to Melbourne ready to attend on the Friday!! As you can see in the included pic's, the RAAF was more than accommodating and I used one of there free giveaway rules to ensure I have actual dimensions to work from!! Awesome!

Got a whole heap of pic's around the Hawk and in the cockpit. All in hi-res, so I can now really add some of the major details that are missing, like both wing fences, all the VG's, the smurf's and also the wingtip formation light fences as well.

Just got back home, so will go throught all the pic's I have and see what I ended up with.

Thanks

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	2077137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0501.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	2077144  

Last edited by ticketec; 02-27-2015 at 06:08 PM.