View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:36 AM
proteus_X3
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ticketec
Thanks!!!

The first vid is my Dora!

It has been an awesome engine for me. Love it to bit's and would build another model based purely on that engine alone.
Dave,
Your maid video of the ESM 190 impressed the most. Imho engine runs on test stands [static runs are only good for setting idle and max power ]. Performance of a engine is best seen with the engine Loaded [married to an Airframe ] ,your aircraft performed well on it's maiden. You have a good reliable idle and smooth transaction too max power without any stumbling,good tuning job . I like you last 2 videos first time viewing them great job love the pilot head movement! On your later videos your engine is running stronger and smother and your plane is flying more scale,thanks for sharing. I need to ask you a few question if you don't mind?I know that you purchased your engine from OctopusRC, with CM-6 plus and 22-10 prop ,so I will not ask redundant questions.

Engine:

• Engine performance what is your idle and max power RPM your current set-up?
  • Any upgrades,plug[I think you said you changed plugs and mufflers] what about ignition?
  • Timing,did you change it,also any reed block work[Frank Bowman said some XYZ engines need a reed block mod[ little honing around reed block and or truing of reed block it self].Also some of these engines the time is off resulting in poor idle/max power performance ,should be 28 degrees before TDC report of off by 12 degrees [40 before TDC]

Airframe:
  • May ask what is the total weight of your model?
  • with of your cowling?
Thanks for your time in advance,these question would be a great help,since your model is very close it weight and wing span too Rumen's design. Cheers: Rich