RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 02-28-2015, 02:05 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
It seems us old timers have hit a slump with little to say! I've been battleing some type of rash that's has me scratching all the time, it's very distracting. I am taking some time to scale some 50 cal. m2 Browning machine guns for my mustang in 1/4 scale. My shop is on the second floor of the house and I don't want to brave the chilly air to go up there (balcony entrance) so I stay down here and try to keep busy.
We've hit a bit of cold weather with snow here in NM. Just don't have much going on, donnyman due to the weather. Got repairs to do, but have been feeling a little under, too. Shoveled snow off the driveway yesterday and cleaned the snow off the car.

I don't remember saying I got a Byron Mig -15 at the last swapmeet But it is in my garage and will have to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I mess with it. I saw some trailing beam landing gear but I wasn't sure how well they would work for the mig so I didn't purchase them. I now have four or five planes that will accept my turbine so I think I better slow down on my purchases.
Know the feeling. Garage has been in the 30's, which is just too cold to work in.

My motorhome is not ready for the road because of that wiring harness fiasco that manage to burn out the entire starter system and the starter, now the only thing left is a start relay an it is in a position that is almost impossible to reach and refuses to come off of it's mount. I could go on forever about all the things I need to do that seem to have appeared after I retired that weren't there before, maybe I need to go back to work!.....Naaaaaah!
Yes, I know the feeling. Just about when you're ready to scream, you'll find a way to get that starter relay off.

My 1984 Dodge Aries was another that was hard to work on, ended up taking a whole day to unbolt a lot of stuff to replace the water pump. Took me only 2 hours on my 1990 Dodge D150 pickup. Got the dash on the S10 pickup half way torn apart, need to remove entirely so I can replace the leaking heater core. First time to do and it is a dog. Father's 1964 Ford Falcon 4 door, 1967 Datsun Bluebird, 1968 Hino Contessa, 1976 Ford Pinto and 1990 Dodge D150 pickups were all easier to work on.