RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 02-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

I've been working on restoring my 1958 Uproar. The wing is now with the sign-writer having "UPROAR" in big black letters painted to the underside. The model has quite a long nose and modern engines are much heavier than the ETA 29's used by Chris Olsen in the Fifties. When I last flew it, over fifteen years ago, I had a Merco 61 up front. I had to put a couple of ounces of lead into the tail to get the model to balance. I am dickering on whether to saw a bit off the nose and/or to move the servos to the tail area to avoid using lead. Pictures attached,

Courtesy of the Gulf Stream, (thanks guys!) the weather is cold but well above freezing in the Old Country at the moment. I went flying with my mates Alan Ayres, on the left and Kit Davidson on Wednesday. They have recently built SLEC Fun Flys powered by an OS 35 SF and a Thunder Tiger GP 42 respectively. I flew Kit's model and it really is a great kit. It goes where you put it! Must build one. I have an Irvine 36 doing nothing. With that it would be an excellent combination!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Uproar Wing and Fuselage. (1).JPG
Views:	305
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	2077601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished wing.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	351.3 KB
ID:	2077602   Click image for larger version

Name:	SLEC Fun Flies! (1).jpg
Views:	340
Size:	531.7 KB