RCU Forums - View Single Post - My experience as a new tanker.
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Namerifrats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While the OP sounds very critical, it could serve the purpose I think he intended it to serve. Just let people be aware of what they are actually getting into. They have a lot of moving parts, and things break. A higher quality part will obviously last longer than a lower quality part. It's like most hobbies like this. I've known people to buy a RC helicopter or plane, crash it once and never rebuild it. My dad and uncle did that very thing, lol. Said they would fix the planes 12 years ago when they crashed them......the pieces are still in my dad's shop where they were sat the day they brought them home.

As for people expecting RC tanks to behave just like real tanks, I have some thoughts on that as well. Another hobby I have is HO model railroading. I'm not into it quite as much as I was since I run 1.1 scale trains as my job. Model trains, like RC tanks, can only be so much like the prototype. Real trains don't stall when the wheels or track gets dirty. At the same time, if you run light cars ahead of a block of heavy cars, you risk a string line derailment in a tight curve. Same is true with the prototype regarding running a lot of empties ahead of a large block of loads. We refer to it at work as "Dragging a cinder block around with a slinky".