RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba SBUS2 telemetry, JetCat ECU, IAS and AoA indicator/warning, autothrottle and datalogger
Old 03-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
More news about the Android app (which is now also available for general download) : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post11982911
Now includes definitions of airspaces, airfields and no-fly zones
Hi Dave,
first of all, MANY thanks for your kind words they mean a lot to me
And sorry, I cheat . The maps used is in fact the maps already available on Android, I use the supplied API (interface) to the map engine. Using this I can let the user define airfields, air spaces and no-fly zones. My program then uses these definitions when your plane races around to check if it is within the defined airspaces/no-fly zones etc.
At a later point, the app will also be able to guide you during landing with respect to a already (by you) defined glide path. This will enable you to know if you are going to make it to the threshold (of the defined airfield) with the current descent rate etc. I have a radar based height sensor in the works (small light unit that will look through a hole in the bottom of the plane) that will enable the system to measure the current height with less than one inch of precision from about 35 meters (100 feet) height down to 0 (above the 100 feet my altimeter takes over to give the height). The current system will just use this sensor together with the rest of the system

Regarding the software updates, the current ASSI device is stuffed with code to do all the stuff it does, so unfortunately it is only possible to update the device using a programming adapter as Oli describes. The CAN-RF module (that sends data to the ground) can be updated using a SD card and so can all my newer devices including the ADSB board. Oli (in Texas) and myself can do the updates, its just a matter of sending the ASSI board to one of us (and as I wrote, it is only the ASSI board that has this limitation)

As Oli writes, the ADSB board is a more advanced SB-PSENSE board. Basically it can do the same as the SB-PSENSE and the a lot more. There is a PWM output that will be used to control your retracts (typically a sequencer), so when pressure drops below a certain level, it will extend the gear. This will work with both Fuataba, JR and Spektrum systems. If you are using a Fuataba SBUS2 capable system (18MZ, 14SG) you will also get the current airpressure on the transmitter, otherwise only on the Android device.
The ADSB board has also a bunch of other inputs that can be used for a lot of stuff, more about that once it is finished

Last edited by Carsten Groen; 03-03-2015 at 12:31 AM.