RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-03-2015, 07:43 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
It seems to me when we go off on politics, the government, and our elected officials we suffer the same problem Congress has. Too many people think their views are sacred and the only right opinions. They can't allow any other views but their own to be express, let alone admit they could be wrong. They treat every opinion not there own as a personal attack, not unlike radicals we are fighting in the middle east treat their own religious beliefs. This flies totally into the face of the founding fathers. They treat compromise as a dirty word when this was the founding principal of the founding fathers like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, and the rest. Too often we try to box them into be of one mind but in reality they fought like cats and dogs coming to physical blows! The fact they were able to agree on a Declaration of Independence was major accomplishment that took months to get all the delegates to sign, if a remember correctly several never did. The Constitution was an even bigger fight, they Bill of Rights was afterthought. It was the only way the two opposing camps to compromise and come to an agreement on a Constitution. If a political party/politician cannot compromise to meet the needs of all both in the majority and the minority then they are worse than useless. If you views are so narrow you can't compromise for the good of the country then you are no patriot you are just plain selfish and as big a threat to freedom as our enemies. Just my 2 cents, just another opinion from a student of history, and not of political rhetoric. This is all I will say on the subject.
Wow......... You hit the nail on the head........we are in total agreement on that!