RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just wondering, I thought most of the guys here had served in the military at some point in time, am I the only one using the VA system?? The VA takes better care of me then any of the civilian doctors I have had and the price I pay for my meds, the VA is the only way I can afford them. Outstanding service!!! I signed up years ago in Calif. then right away when I moved to Nevada. The system in each state is a bit different, in Calif. I had no vision care, here in Nevada they give me an exam and a new pair of glasses every year and did the surgery needed. Strange thing is we are sent to Calif. to have any eye surgery done. They are starting to do it here but can't get the young doctors to work for the VA, money!! However, the doctors are trained at the VA hospital in Loma Linda Calif. where we are sent?? Low Life bottom feeders but don't get me started on doctors.
We went from 80 degrees to Burr in a week, even had a small dusting of snow one morning. Sunday we even had a cold front move in with rain, yesterday looked like rain but it didn't happen, we were out playing Bocce but I did wear a jacket. Now it is back to a warming trend and sunny and clear, more bocce today, I got called in as a sub.
I have to check the club web site to see if the Lake Bed got flooded or not, if so I will go to my close little private field down the street.