RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:48 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Cool, looking fwd to your site.

I'm chomping at the bit to work on mine but Im so busy plus lack space at the moment. I dont like working in confined spaces especially on this big project. Ive collected just about everything I need too as far as the base components to make it functional. Im debating how much fabrication I want to do verses buying your parts! Lol
Yes Chris, the site will make it much easier and less time consuming to share visual aids to our mods, and that I'm looking forward to. For those who may be wondering, I don't see it affecting these build threads. I still think sites like RCU are a wonderful resource for reaching our peers, even though it does take some time. Fortunately, I do all the posting, which frees my brother up to just design and build. He is a creeper though. He checks the threads to see what I am getting done.

You will never here me discourage someone from doing what we do, to make a 'sale'. We don't do this for monetary gain. Our time is still worth something though, and we both have invested in a lot of equipment to do what we do, not to mention years of developing a skill set.

The idea is to make it easier for those who don't have the space, time, or equipment to build better scale aircraft, knowing how satisfying it is to own, and fly them.

Most of our contract builds are for guys who are capable builders, who just don't have the time or space to take on these giants, or who appreciate the depth of our experience with these aircraft and don't see the need to go through the learning curve, which in some ways is considerable.

For others, like us, the building, engineering, and designing, is as much fun as the rest, plus for us, sharing is gratifying.

Many have done what we do in different ways just as good or even better. I'm amazed at what is out there and what many talented builders can accomplish. Wish I had better computer skills, and more machining capabilities among other things. But I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and better techniques, and I learn a lot from other builders as well.

Bottom line I guess, whether you have your own way of building, watch us and get ideas you can use in your own building, or purchase our parts, it's all good. If in the end, you have enjoyed the process, and have a better Corsair, mission accomplished.

Last edited by ram3500-RCU; 03-04-2015 at 11:04 PM.