RCU Forums - View Single Post - What kind of 72Mhz crystals are these?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What kind of 72Mhz crystals are these?

I'm confused with the bare metal crystal on the left of the photo. The plastic gray cased crystal on the right is the standard JR crystal that I'm familiar with

I bought the gray cased crystal from a seller here on the classifieds, and he included the bare metal crystal on the left with my order too, (as a bonus). I'm guessing that it is the same crystal but without the plastic gray casing??? The bare metal crystal says "single conversion" on it, and I was wondering if it is exactly the same as the one in the plastic case. (??) Or is the one in the plastic case a dual conversion? Or are all crystals the same single/dual conversion, and it's the receiver that determines single or dual conversion aspect of it? Or, can the frequencies be slightly different, and one crystal might work at a longer range then the other, so it would come in handy to have a bare spare crystal that might work better??

I have never disassembled the crystals from out of the gray plastic case, and was wondering if there is any reason to ever start swapping them in and out of the plastic cases.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0256.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2079281