RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why not move on to R/C ?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 06:44 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not move on to R/C ?

Hello Strykaas

hum ... This does not please me at all
Nor your subject header and subsequent iterations me. But the objective of my post was to answer shortman's question as quoted, using paradoxical example by way of enlightening ignorance. Why should you take offense so easily yet give it so readily?

Where did I say CL was inferior to RC or whatever ? Nowhere !
Au contraire. Excusing the fact that English is not you first language as French isn't mine, the reader can only interpret what you say, not what you might mean to say.
What you said both in your subject header ie: "move on" is an repulsive politically correct contemporary metaphor for "progress" which carries an obvious negative innuendo. The first respondent to your initial post interpreted your expressed attitude exactly as I did. You subsequently reinforced this being your perspective by the sentence in your initial post stating quote: "move on to R/C controlled aircraft, which provide more realistic flight" exacerbating your misconceptions yet again that view of C/L vs R/C in post # 11 where you said of R/C "that's very close to flying a real aircraft". Are you now starting to get the picture?

If you don't mean to offend and don't wish the sort of response given, perhaps you should give more thought to the framing of your question/s?

I launched this thread to understand why, in my early opinion, people flying CL do not move on to RC, because, in my country, CL flyer are not easy to find...
So you say now. Unfortunately for you, language barrier or not, the subliminal slips expressed several times over in your posts reinforcing the viewpoint we interpreted are not supportive of your subsequent vociferous exortations to the contrary.

1) I have never flown any CL plane : that's why I CANNOT EVEN DRAW A COMPARISON, RIGHT ?
Don't shout and stamp your feet. It's boorish. The French aren't representively a boorish people .....are they?

Allow me to explain something to you. R/C flying no more represents the reality of piloting a real plane any more than R/C driving does a real car. They are toys. Expensive but fun toys which present their own set of challenges and a pleasing illusion. Utilising 10 channels may unnecessarily increase complexity offering a feeling of superiority and sophistication to the fragile, but just like using the basic 4 channels, R/C flying shares no more in common with the real world of aviation than primary aspects of low speed aerodynamics. Ersatz adaptations of basic circuit procedure and a minimised and subjectively parochial implementation of what might be broadly considered the model aviation equivalent of "airmanship" complete the illusion. The less informed, immature and unintelligent the participant is, the easier is to become immersed in delusion.

Sans the semi-conventional circuit, ability to roll or by tradition change control throttle setting, C/L is identical with its own set of unique challenges, allowing the same illusion in the mind of the 'willing to believe' participant, albeit without the same snobbery commonly observed afflicting those who get carried away with the R/C illusion allowing it to become delusion. Undoubtedly, C/L would in its heyday before R/C have suffered the same silly snobbery & delusion we frequently observe of some in R/C today.

Personally, having a real basis of comparison, different from the expression of imagination C/L model flying represented to me as a child, I have since returned to enjoy it and R/C for what they are, unaffected by delusion of what I'd like to believe they are.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

You present the impression to me at least that C/L won't be your cup of tea, but try it by all means. It's alive and well in Europe with some of the top competitive flyers in its respective disciplines residing there. The 2003 C/L European Championships were held in Rouillé - which is where? - France! Have a look at this URL. It'll open up a world of links and information on control line if you genuinely seek to better understand it though only participation can offer a proper appreciation. To reiterate, it assuredly isn't for everyone any more than stamp collecting or R/C.

http://www.plasma.kth.se/~olsson/cl.html

In any case I've answered and explained shortman's question posed in post #34 in my previous post which should simultaneously address several 'concerns' of your own. Logic doesn't dictate that one has to like the facts/truth. Choosing to become informed or remain ignorant is also an individual choice.

Prosit!