RCU Forums - View Single Post - JBA .56
Thread: JBA .56
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 06:06 PM
ululi1970

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old post, but I will try it anyway.
I have had a JBA .56 ABC for a couple of seasons, and it has worked well. A few weeks ago, it started acting strange. For example,
it would work fine with the plane flying right side up, but as soon as I would fly inverted it started sputtering. The strange thing is, it is side mounted,
so it should not matter which way the plane is flying. The it started giving me dead sticks. So I took the tank out, rerouted the lines to avoid kinks.
Today, I was only able to get one flight out, which ended in a dead stick. Flew fine for a few minutes, then during a pass over the runway at mid throttle I opened the throttle and the enngine quit.
The problem was quitting when opening up the throttle.
After readjusting the HSN, I leaned out a little bit the LSN, which solved the quitting while opening up. But then it started quitting
when closing the throttle! It was a nice day with temperature in the mid 60s F, or about 15 C. Fuel is Omega 10%, which is what I always use.
The only thing with the fuel I can say it is a bit old (6 months) and the just is almost empty... Plug was OS #8, prop 11x6.
Any suggestion is welcome. As I said, it worked fine so far, good response, power,
so I would like to keep it if at all possible