RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 04:18 AM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All.

I have now finished my "fit-out" behind the F/W,so all ready now to bolt the 84, when I have done all my "runnings" with it on the test stand. Below are some photo's of my finished work behind the F/W.
Guess I will now be concentrating on getting the cockpit done,when finished with that will finish off the wiring up of the Rx................

I have decided to go with the cowl that a bought from FIBERGLASS SPECIALITIES ( was going to use it on my T/F Giant Corsair,not yet finished !!! )...........the cowl is shorter than the "stock" cowl......( as mentioned in a post earlier,the stock cowl,in the "real world",shouldn't cover the exhaust stacks )..........the F/S cowl will still cover a little bit of the exhaust stacks,but not as much.The F/S cowl is also larger in diameter,hence "inner diameter larger"... in............I hope the right area,so as I may not have to cut openings for the two rocker covers of the 84.

It also has the "cowl-flaps" set more closed / flusher with the fuzz....( mmmm...less drag / more speed !!!! )....The area of airflow out of the cowl,is not too different from the stock cowl,even as they are closed more........looks like lots of air can exit through the scale exhaust stacks....nice !!!.......I will probably "slit" the cowl flap lines and fiberglass with thin cloth on the inner surface all round the cowl,just to give back a bit of strength after "slitting" ( did that on my H9 P-47 ).I also found that on my exhaust stacks,needed a small spacer behind the outer screw hole,otherewise on tightening down,it would have bent and probably cracked.

Trust all your builds and "mod's" are going well.............

Kind regards...............Nick.

Will try to get all the photo's on this post if I can.............if not will be on the following post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CF1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2080026   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF2.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2080027   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF3.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	80.9 KB