RCU Forums - View Single Post - SuperTigre owners club!Post your oppinions-pics etc.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM
prigai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firepower R/C
It would be nice if some other Mfr would continue the Tigres... all the ones I ever had were great. I bet the could even fit into this small gasoline revolution with a few tweaks and be a real competitor.
I have a few ST's and converted the bigger ones, a G90 and a G2300 to run with Zama/Warlbro carbs.
Easy conversion if you have the carb adapter, the G90 is 15mm fit, the G2300 is 17mm fit.
I haven't used either long enough for an extended reliability test but they both work a charm.
No changes to crankshaft bushes for me, I like higher oil contents anyway. Once run in (gas with 8% semi-synthetic oil), oil ratio can be reduced safely to 6%-6.5% (1:15 - 1:16 ratio) with good quality semi or fully synthetic oil.
Some reduce the oil further but personally I would not go below 5%, needle bearings on conrod can reduce oil further but I would never go below 1:32 ratio (around 3%) so don't bother with needle bearings.