RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Mr. mulligan
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 AM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got that sorted out Ken. Gotta have a reliable radio to fly, eh? Well, I just ordered the cowl and pants as well. FS had two cowls to choose from. A short one, and a long one. I got the long one with the thinking that I can have more room to balance the plane if it should need nose weight. And if it doesn't, i can just cut the cowl down to the length I need. It was only $4 more for the deeper one. All that's left to buy now is a reciever and a couple of LIFE's. I guess I'd better get a move on it. The reason I went with the DA 50 was because this airframe is similar in size and weight to my Rearwin Speedster that flies absolutely perfectly with a 50CC up front. One thing I don't like with these vintage kits is that there's not a lot of info out there. Ol Mr. Nosen recommends a 60 size glow with a gear reduction. That gives me nothing. Lol. I did talk to a guy who flies his with a G38 but wishes he had more. So the 50 seemed like a good choice to me. Also, I have an Aeroworks Checkmate 50 CC biplane that I've been dying to fly. Plan is to break the DA in on the checkmate and get another 50 CC for it when the Mr. M is ready. I guess I better get to work on it.