RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 06:08 AM
david57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjhanc
I am using the Benedini sound system, The motor batteries are a 6 pack of Hobby people 3200mah 4s 30c lipos wired 12s 2p and a new Zippy 6 pack of 3300mah 4s 35c lipos wired the same. I was using 12s 5300 45c Gens Ace lipos but the current load is to much for a 12s pack. The 6 packs run cooler as the current is divided between the parrallel packs. Each cell only sees half the load. Current load was 134amps with the VarioProp set at 18 inch pitch during climbout from takeoff until the gear retract then drops to 80amps as the plane accelerates to fast cruise (80-90mph). An acceleration from cruise to top speed initially draws 130amps but drops back much lower as it tops out. One session with a GPS speed app on board recorded with an on board sport cam captured top speeds of 107-114mph. Lift-off was at around 23mph and full flap landing speed is 33mph. The next flight will be with the pitch set at 20 inches because the Rimfire 65cc motor is still over-revving the varioprop. The design rpm limit for it is 4800rpm. I never use full throttle for takeoffs so I might reduce the transmitter's throttle servo upper travel to control the top rpm. I don't want it to fly faster than it was getting to before the Varioprop as the airframe is not glassed and I have already had a D model fuse break in half at a radar clocked 122mph. There is a design flaw in the fuse that produces a weak spot at the back of the cockpit. It can easily be fixed by installing 3/4 inch balsa triangle stock on both sides of the bulkhead there (4 pieces). I get 5 minutes of high speed flight at half throttle and up to 2 go a rounds for landing. & minutes total.
Where are you putting the batteries for the motor?