RCU Forums - View Single Post - M4a1
Thread: M4a1
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 10:59 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Last night I rebuilt the gun mount. I removed a lot of material from the 105 mount and yes it looks like hell right now but I will clean it up. My main concern was getting it closer to the turret face and keeping it elevating correctly. It was difficult to figure out where to remove material and I went real slow. I will go back and fill in the sides behind the mantle with bondo, and then remove what I would call the inside skirt behind the mantle, and make a new one top and bottom out of styrene so that you cant see through the mount when the gun elevates or lowers. Nick makes a wonderful accurate scale casting of this part, but I coundt figure out how to make use of it, and still have the pivot points for the elevation of the gun, so I cobbled this together using the HL pivots. Lots more work to do to the gun mount yet.

I also mounted the Tamiya air filters, I used the stock tabs and drilled them and glued the tabs in place in the hull.
The last part I made was an experimental strap to mount the top of the transmission cover. More on that later once I try it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0092.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	952.7 KB
ID:	2080922   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0093.JPG
Views:	774
Size:	920.1 KB
ID:	2080923   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0095.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	1.07 MB