RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 02:11 PM
aehaas

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I only need the spinner and muffler to be up in the air.

I have some extras in this build. I have the iGyro but it is not wired in. That will happen after I get everything else going and tuned. I have the lighting system installed. The canopy operates. I have bomb drops. I needed more channels so I installed the X-Plus extension to my 12 channel receiver.

The ignition battery is in the compartment just above it on the planes right side. The other three are in the battery compartment. Instead of a screw bottom cover I converted it to a snap-in place cover. The four corner screws are fake but cover the holes. Inside are the four switches for 1-ignition, 2- x-Plus module (controls the landing gear, bombs, lights. Switches 3 and 4 are the receiver batteries. All are 2500mA LiFe batteries. This should not hurt anything as they say we need nose weight. It will be in batteries and it simplifies charging.

All batteries go through a charge/on-off switch module that allows for charging with only one cable. I never have to disconnect batteries. There is an adapter that connects to your 2s balance cord and charge leads. These large switches cut the batteries off at the source so there is no parasitic load.

The fuel filler is correct and at the canopy for the fuselage tank. There are no external switches or others items.

I used TBOLT harnesses to simplify hooking up to the wing but still a lot going on here. The wing connections are TBOLT as well so I only have one connection at each wing tip tube slide area.

aehaas

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0280.JPG
Views:	898
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	2081224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.JPG
Views:	910
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2081225   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283.JPG
Views:	884