RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
And if you ever have the opportunity to read a military aviation mishap investigation, you will never see "accidents happen" or any hesitation to call out pilot errors, decision making errors, or safety management system errors. They're brutally honest, and nobody gets a break because "they're a good guy." Bad decisions that result in a mishap are not tolerated, and there are consequences, I've even been privileged to work for people (part of the endorsement chain) who have even faulted themselves for failures in leadership or management. Furthermore, many in the endorsing chain render opinions despite not being qualified in the aircraft or perhaps even an aviator. They don't ask "are you a waiver holder" as a way of shutting down dialog.
Do you even consider why the jet guys here are offended by your posts? (Hint...it's not because you don't know your stuff).

You cherry-pick a someone's post and pick out a phrase you can attack. EXAMPLE..."accidents happen" does NOT mean we don't give the maximum effort to prevent accidents...I, and others here, know that the poster meant that sometimes a malfunction or human error will come into play and an accident occurs. You keep hammering that it means "so what". Guess what...it doesn't.

You are condescending
. I, and others, know about you being a Navy pilot and that you probably have more expertise in safety matters than any model aviation enthusiast. But you come off as one who knows a lot more than those in attendance who are actually working very hard to keep things as safe as possible.

In my post, I mentioned that even aces like the Navy Blue Angels crash...merely to illustrate that no matter how good a pilot is, and no matter what precautions are taken, no aviation event can be 100% safe. We all try to make it that way, though. You took my simple example and changed my intended meaning. You are obviously intelligent so you know what I was saying but you chose to ignore the intention.

There are positive methods for getting your points across. Why not try?

I can start off by apologizing for any attempt at belittling you. Want to go forward with something positive?

Bob