RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 04:05 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjbob
Do you even consider why the jet guys here are offended by your posts? (Hint...it's not because you don't know your stuff).

You cherry-pick a someone's post and pick out a phrase you can attack. EXAMPLE..."accidents happen" does NOT mean we don't give the maximum effort to prevent accidents...I, and others here, know that the poster meant that sometimes a malfunction or human error will come into play and an accident occurs. You keep hammering that it means "so what". Guess what...it doesn't.

You are condescending
. I, and others, know about you being a Navy pilot and that you probably have more expertise in safety matters than any model aviation enthusiast. But you come off as one who knows a lot more than those in attendance who are actually working very hard to keep things as safe as possible.

In my post, I mentioned that even aces like the Navy Blue Angels crash...merely to illustrate that no matter how good a pilot is, and no matter what precautions are taken, no aviation event can be 100% safe. We all try to make it that way, though. You took my simple example and changed my intended meaning. You are obviously intelligent so you know what I was saying but you chose to ignore the intention.

There are positive methods for getting your points across. Why not try?

I can start off by apologizing for any attempt at belittling you. Want to go forward with something positive?

Bob
Bob, I accept. Likewise, I will apologize if I took the "turbine waiver holder" pokes too personally and then let that drive my tone. I would hope that others will do the same to throttle this back a bit, but that will be an individual decision I suppose.

In an age of mass media, near instant reporting, and a certain generation of individuals who relish the opportunity to publish wildly dangerous acts (a.k.a. many extreme sports), I think it would be wise for the jet community to consider the public relations side of safety as well as some subtle changes to the internal safety culture. If anyone is interested in ideas from a non-waiver holder, but knowledgeable outsider, then let me know.

Again, my apology.

Sincerely,
Frank

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-13-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: shortened