RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm compelled to comment, because obviously not everything has been said yet. I'm one of the privileged few who have been actually hit by a flying model airplane. I'm an oldie now, but when I was a kid learning to fly at Apollo Field in the Sepulveda Basic in Encino, Ca., a baffling incident happened. I had just landed my Smith Miniplane. The engine quit upon touchdown, so I had to retrieve the plane on the runway after the rollout. I valued the plane because it was an exact scale model of Bob Conover's "Western Airlines, the only way to fly" red and gold Smith Miniplane. I retrieved the airplane, stood up, and was hit hard by a departing model that took off with me on the runway. I couldn't believe someone could be so dumb. My point is that if the plane doesn't fail, common sense will. There is risk as soon as you step outside your front door. Let's NOT trade our freedom for security. The drive to stomp out all risk, and address every obscure complaint, in the USA today has already changed our culture too much.