RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 09:16 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologized for the tone a couple times so far, but will do so again. I happen to think there may be things worth considering, but again I've never had the responsibility of being a CD nor holding a turbine waiver.

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Another thing Franklin needs to consider is that civilians are not trained to be safety conscious like folks in the military. In the military it's a culture and when failures occur there are chains of command that are accountable. This isn't the way in civilian life. Trying to take a civilian hobby and attempting to institue military codes of safety simply isn't going to work. There isn't a culture or knowledge of safety outside and you know it Franklin.

An entirely different approach is needed in the Jet Community than one would find in the military. This approach is more of a self policing effort and education effort at jet rallies. I am all for taking the time to rethink the approach CD's and the community take regarding safety and adjusting action points as needed. Trying to turn it into a JAG investigation, where you assign yourself as the judge, jury and prosecutor, is going to get you ZERO results and ZERO cooperation.