RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 01:36 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erik R
Frank,

I applaud you for apologizing, and extending an olive branch. I know that you felt the community here took a condescending tone towards non-waiver holders, and took that personally. I can only speak for myself, but believe that's not how most of us feel.

There is no doubt that with your background, you have some valuable insight to offer to the community here at large. I will agree with Andy, that it is unreasonable to expect the professionalism and proficiency out of the rc community, that you experienced in the Navy. With regard to that, God Bless you, and thank you for serving.

If you truly, altruistically, would like to participate, and offer better solutions for the hobby as a whole, I would respectfully suggest that you attend an event near you, and see what's going on. I'd be willing to bet that the organizers would be glad to hear safety suggestions, or constructive criticism, if presented in a respectful, positive manner. Good luck to you.

Erik

QUOTE=franklin_m;12002478]I thought I was doing that. But I'll be explicit - my earlier statement was wrong. I apologize for the error.
[/QUOTE]

Erik, thank you (and Terry H, and RCBob earlier). You're clearly three individuals with character, and I appreciate you accepting my apology. I'm looking at schedules already and plan to attend an event when I can fit it between travel for clients, kid's baseball events, and work at my cabin. I will however commit to attending at my first available opportunity, and I'll let the three of you know when I do. Again, I appreciate you recognizing where the discussion might have gone differently. I've learned as well. Again, thank you.